Come work for a small clinical organization with uncapped commission potential! The primary role of the Account Director is to actively uncover, qualify and close potential business opportunities.
- Develops and maintains key customer relationships
- Oversees proposal development for found opportunities
- Facilitates client interaction
- Acts as a key client interface from contact to contract and during ongoing study progress
- Responsible for leading negotiations in maximizing value through service offering
- Accountable for assembling and leading multiple key Acurian resources within an Account Team responsible for closing and maintaining business
- Coordinates and assembles key Acurian personnel for strategic study development discussions
- Responsible for leading customer strategic account planning activities
- Drives sales and revenue growth within given territory
- Communicates all sales activities to management
Acurian works with top pharmaceutical companies to recruit and retain patients in clinical trials. We are the largest independent provider of patient recruitment and retention services in the world, and we’re still growing. Acurian distinguishes itself as technology-enabled service company with unparalleled investment in analytics and software.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4-year B.S. degree.
- Minimum of 6 years sales experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Mastery of relationship building skills
- Strategic account management experience
- Experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical industry required
- Additional clinical/medical education or experience preferred
- Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating with Fortune 500 companies for multi-million dollar contracts
- Superior financial and analytical acumen to evaluate study development and financial impact
- Exceptional ability to demonstrate presence in all aspects of demeanor
- Highly motivated individual who is willing to work in a dynamic setting in an aggressive growth company
- Must be willing to work in an environment that must build its foundation from the ground up
- Strong analytical and computer skills with key software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and contact management software
- Must be detail oriented with high desire to organize and structure tasks.
- Work is performed in an office and/or laboratory and/or clinic environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations and clients, frequently travels both domestic and internationally with extended overnight stays.
- Exposure to fluctuating temperatures frequently during travel.\
- Frequently stationary and/or moving for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally.
- Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
- Performs a wide range of semi-complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.