Associate Director, Enrollment Solutions
Serves in a customer facing role as a subject-matter-expert on operational and clinical topics, in collaboration with Business Development to support customer needs on select opportunities from identification through contract award. Acts independently to determine the optimal offering for clients. Guides various areas of the business in developing the optimal offering for new business opportunities. Decisions made will influence company’s relationship with the customer and ability to gain future business from the account.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Designs customized enrollment solutions that require analysis of multiple variables including protocol challenges, the specific patient profile required, both the sponsor and business needs, and any financial constraints. Evaluates intangible variables and designs a complete solution that will best meet all variables’ constraints.
- Directs clinical experts, patient research experts and statisticians on intangible variables that need to be considered in developing customized enrollment solutions.
- Guides Acurian business development team on best solution that will meet customer’s needs.
- Leads bid defense presentations ensuring the bid defense content and presenters adequately address sponsor’s specific concerns.
- Presents enrollment solutions to customer and provides support to necessary business development meetings for select opportunities.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on enrollment solution, patient identification process and operations.
- Directs the customization and development of proposal content for select opportunities. Drives multiple groups internally to provide appropriate, custom content as necessary.
- Collaborates with Market Intelligence to prospectively identify appropriate studies for Business Development to pursue.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Health/Sciences field
- 12+ years’ experience in the clinical research space in a position that required exposure to sites through either the PI’s or study coordinators
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in reading and identifying enrollment challenges in clinical protocols
- An analytical mind with attention to details and the desire to work within clinical trials
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts to customers
- Ability to liaise effectively across departments, with senior management, clinical project teams, clients and experts
- Excellent attention to detail
Working Conditions and Environment
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- 50% travel required
- Required to carry company provided cell phone
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.