Associate Director, Project Management
Provides leadership, mentoring, and support to the project management team to help meet overall business goals and objectives, while maintaining management responsibility for all personnel, revenue, profit, and contracts.
- Manages a team of Senior Project Manager(s), Project Manager(s) and may be assigned additional supportive staff within the project management team.
- Handles personnel management responsibilities including performance management, salary administration, hiring, training, employee relations, conflict resolution, and employee development.
- Provides overall management for projects assigned to direct reports.
- Maintains detailed project knowledge and implements operations that will maximize quality and client loyalty.
- Serves as first line of escalation both internally, and externally, above the assigned Project Manager
- Promotes a data driven performance culture.
- Drives team to aggressively pull forward revenue on all projects and to increase the scope and value of patient recruitment services.
- Ensures PMs submit accurate and timely revenue forecasting reports.
- Actively participates in operations project focused meetings as a means of oversight and as a strong proponent of results driven improvements and solutions.
- Identifies and maintains relationships with customers and external organizations by participating in industry and medical conferences.
- Partners with Account Directors to ensure that client expectations are well defined and achieved.
- Participates in capabilities presentations, bid defenses, KOMs, mid campaign meetings, COS, and end of campaign meetings as appropriate.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree required; or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in project management in clinical research or patient recruitment, marketing/advertising, or other process-driven, revenue-dependent environment,
- Minimum three years of experience in basic profit/loss and costing principles specific to project finance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with experience training, motivating and mentoring team members to define and accomplish established goals and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to make difficult decisions under pressure and sometimes without desired information
- Keen customer service instincts
- Comfortable in a results-driven, revenue-focused atmosphere
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of drug development and clinical trial process (design and conduct) primarily across Phases II – IV, the role of patient recruitment and retention in this process and the IRB approval process
- Exceptional interpersonal, managerial, and negotiation skills with the ability to solve complex problems
- High-level attention to detail, self-motivation and strong computer skills (MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to work individually or within a team in a variety of capacity that may be required to ensure timely delivery of timeline assignments and/or resolution to current issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strength in public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multi-faceted projects
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.