Associate Site Orientation Specialist
This is a supporting role with the primary responsibility of this position being to assist the Site Orientation Specialist by providing focused, study specific orientation sessions, designed and executed to enhance the awareness and performance of each research site. This role will also identify site specific recruitment barriers and as directed will provide study program and system specific training sessions via phone contact, with the intent being to increase the sites patient enrollment results and accountability for patient enrollment goals.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Conduct regular study site orientations to ensure Research Site personnel are aware of all aspects of research studies being supported by Acurian’s recruitment campaigns and are motivated to maximize their sites patient enrollment performance
- Assist in the design and development of orientation materials and study enrollment reports and tools in support of patient enrollment goals via the research sites performance
- Meet regularly with the Site Orientation Specialist to define project goals, examine study site orientation needs for execution, and make adjustments as instructed by the Site Orientation Specialist to the site performance plan to drive performance improvement opportunities
- Provide regular updates and weekly reports that measure the impact of contact with study sites
- Partner with the Project Manager and Enrollment Optimization team to develop and implement a plan to obtain updates from the more challenged and noncompliant study sites, identifying the obstacles impacting performance, and communicating back to the site the recommended plan of action
- Be prepared to spend significant time on the phone with Research Site personnel to ensure sites are maximizing their success with Acurian referrals
- Participate in weekly Site Performance Improvement initiative meetings
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Acurian’s service offerings and the way in which we bring valuable solutions to our customer’s business challenges
- Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with key Research Site personnel, especially the Decision Makers who direct the sites’ patient enrollment activities
- Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- 3 to 4 years of experience in positions where you have had duties of significant
- Bachelor’s Degree or instructional technology degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be required to draft emails or memos and other communications that propose solutions and offer performance improvement recommendations
- Excellent relationship building skills, in person and over the phone.
- Experience in environments where key adherence to process has enabled tasks to be successfully accomplished productively with high quality and efficiency.
- Ability to manage numerous assignments simultaneously of varying degrees of urgency; ability to quickly reorganize workload in an environment of shifting priorities.
- Ability to support multiple internal and external clients
- Strong presentation and adult training skills, demonstrated in both formal and informal situations
- Strong skill level with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Graphic Editing tools, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills required, with strong follow-through skills.
- Comfort working in a rapid growth environment, which comes with increased demands, but also increased rewards, via a bonus structure based on outstanding performance.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Required to participate in on-call rotation as rotation requires
- Some travel may be needed; %%
- Frequent exposure to electrical equipment
- Required to carry company provided cell phone
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.