Commercial Strategy Lead
Leads a high-impact strategic proposal development team through building competitive/winning strategies in order to maximize RFI/RFP hit rate resulting in business growth. Leverages all opportunities to achieve targets while enhancing customer relations. Ensures the overall success of the proposal development process from receipt through client decision including bid defense strategy, with direct accountability for deliverables and management of the process.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Identifies, directs and executes winning proposal strategy, and determines the level of proposal deliverable and key selling messages.
- Ensures operational/enrollment strategy and budget align with customer needs and win strategy.
- Leads cross functional team through the development delivery of high quality proposal deliverables within prescribed timelines, making the final decision to submit proposal to client.
- Leads the planning and prioritization of competitive intelligence and analysis for winning strategies/proposal development and identifies opportunities for refining the process.
- Collaborates with operations, analytics, feasibility, recruitment strategy and/or appropriate leadership team to develop an enrollment strategy that is feasibly executable and profitable for the company.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15+ years).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills in a matrixed environment; proven ability to effectively influence executive/c- suite team members relative to contribution to client deliverables
- Comprehensive understanding of the proposal development process, contract deliverables, budgeting and the overall business organization and functional areas, and commercial strategy
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Ability to work in a high pressure/time sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for results
- Proven ability to build peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness
- Effective coaching, persuasion and mentoring skills
- Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies
- Comprehensive understanding of sponsor/CRO business practices with the ability to analyze and evaluate processes and procedures
Working Conditions and Environment
- Exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
- Must pay constant attention to detail-visual, mental
- Must be able to multi-task constantly
- Frequent interaction with clients / associates required
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Travel and rotating shifts required on rare occasions, travel might be on short notice
- Up to 25% travel
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.