Director, Product Management (Software)
The Director, Product Management (Software) is responsible for the vision and profitability of a product line. The Director, Product Management (Software) works closely with various teams to make business decisions and create product strategies that ensure the company’s long term sustainability. They work with Acurian departments to ensure corporate goals are met on time and on budget while client and market needs.
The Director, Product Management (Software) works with the Technology, Sales, and Client Services teams to build and enhance products from existing ideas, and help develop new concepts based on industry research and the needs of customers and prospects. The Director, Product Management (Software) possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The Director, Product Management (Software) conducts market research including working in the field to understand target audience needs and issues, and find innovative solutions for existing and new market segments. The Director, Product Management (Software) will stay on top of current trends and develop long term plans for the success of the product line.
The Director, Product Management (Software) is the champion for the product and must communicate with all areas of the company. He or she will work with Business Analysts and Engineering to define product requirements. The Product Manager will work with Sales and Marketing Support to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. The Director, Product Management (Software) will also serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, working with the sales channel and key clients. The Product Manager is also responsible for the financial sustainability of the product, creating and updating project costs
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
- Define feature roadmap for Acurian products based on business opportunities and market research.
- Propose an overall product budget to ensure success.
- Monitor and set prices on products in product line to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Work with sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy.
- Create feature descriptions to provide guidance to Business Analysts and contribute and approve the product-related Business Requirements Documents.
- Validate detailed specifications and development costing versus market potential and future predictable revenue.
- Become subject matter experts in product’s markets and provide vision and leadership to technology R&D efforts.
- Develop and when necessary deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, train the trainer programs, and presentations at symposia, trade shows, and key customer accounts.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates internal and external product launches working with Marketing Support and Training teams.
- Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with Marketing Support team. (Including Release Notes, demonstrations, and Improvement Reports.)
- Collaborate with technology to create strategies by which technology will be developed or adapted to meet market needs and leverage opportunities. (e.g., Buy/Build decisions)
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform company of their potential applications to our business. Conduct and lead forward looking research studies.
- Act as liaison between Sales, Client Services, Marketing Support, and Technology teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Work with Training team to develop product training plan internally and externally.
- Consult with Client Services team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Act as a product champion within the company.
- Create and maintain profit and loss documentation for products and services.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
- Must pay constant attention to detail-visual, mental
- Must be able to multi-task constantly
- Frequent interaction with clients / associates required
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Travel and rotating shifts required on rare occasions, travel might be on short notice
- Up to 25% travel
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.