Director, Product Management
This individual will work closely with the strategic marketing, business intelligence and product development teams to lead the enhancement/creation and support of both new and existing products/services that drive revenue growth and profitability
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Conduct/assist in market research to fully understand customer/user requirements for Acurian’s ongoing development activities within patient retention/engagement
- Scope new requirements and expected ROI to prioritize and support product development efforts necessary for retention product to maintain its competitive edge
- Refine packaging/pricing/marketing/selling efforts to address current customer needs, and to accommodate product variations required for new market opportunities driven by both Acurian and PPD (Acurian’s parent company)
- Develop strategic business relationships with key global partners to solidify/enhance the product offering
- Help define the key messages for the core retention/engagement product, and work with multiple teams to create all necessary demand generation and sales enablement tools, including: competitive analyses, key message docs, call scripts, product collateral, pitch decks, demos, videos, press releases
- Attend customer meetings with sales (including bid defenses), and help to fine tune our pitch based on observations in the meetings
- Co-develop programs to ensure that retention product offering has high uptake/usage within research site community
- Work with strategic marketing and product development to build new product/service offerings based on rigorous market research and customer insights
- Work with sales operations and corporate marketing to create promotions and special incentives to drive customer adoption
- Continually track P&L and overall revenue of each product to ensure that performance is on track and marketing programs are aligned
- Attend industry events to remain current on overall market conditions, customer needs and competitive landscape
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- MBA a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10 years prior product management/marketing is required
- Experience with software-enabled services is a plus, as is experience within the life sciences/pharma industry as a supplier/vendor
- Must be able to navigate the nuances of product development, IT, sales, and strategic marketing in order to develop strong business cases, and to deliver on time and on budget
- Must be able to collaborate effectively and lead executives and other people around the business to garner consensus on roadmap and deliverables.
- Should possess a strategic thinking mindset with solid decision making skills in the face of imperfect data, and must also be willing to deliver on a tactical, roll-up-your-sleeves basis
- Strong planning, written and verbal communication skills (including public speaking in front of prospective customers)
- Ability to travel up to 30% is required (including internationally)
Working Conditions and Environment
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Required to participate in on-call rotation as rotation requires
- Some travel may be needed; %%
- Frequent exposure to electrical equipment
- Required to carry company provided cell phone
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.