Manager, Application Support
Responsible for managing the ongoing support of all Business System software applications. This position is accountable for working with the end users to ensure the systems function as designed, and produce the information necessary to support the business needs.
- Oversees the monitoring of application system alerts and messaging associated with reliability and data integrity. Address exceptions in a timely fashion.
- Proactively monitor the application systems to ensure their stability.
- Actively participate in the design and deployment for new systems.
- Tracks and reports on issue statistics
- Manage, mentor and develop a strong team
- Prioritizes issues as they are reported or captured
- Analyzes and answers customer queries via phone and email
- Advocates for customer-requested features and customer-reported bug fixes and their solutions in the development schedule.
- Communicates status updates on a regular basis
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves application-specific support issues.
- Installs and maintains enterprise application software, application code deployments and configuration changes.
- Writes scripts to ensure appropriate deployment of applications and / or patches
- Performs software evaluations of off the shelf products
- Liaises with other internal groups or external vendors.
- Liaises with business groups to determine long-term issue resolution.
- Makes recommendations to improve existing processes and methods to sustain systems performance.
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues and develop permanent solutions to avoid a repeat occurrence.
- Proactively develops solutions to recurring problems
- Setup monitoring to comprehensively maintain a high availability of the application suite in line with corporate SLAs.
- Manage the company’s information needs in the appropriate format; reporting, cubes, or databases. Assist in the design, development, and deployment of the end product.
- Assists Business Analysts in data mapping, problem solving or troubleshooting data issues.
- Participate in meetings with Business Analysts, Quality Assurance and other business teams to understand planned changes and develop proper methods to monitor and manage code rollouts.
- Provide on call support on a rotation basis
- Document troubleshooting steps for future use when applicable.
- Support the administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of applications
- Performing in-depth troubleshooting of impacting problems
- Oversees activities related to maintenance of the application systems that are running the daily operation of the firm.
- Responsibilities also include oversight for the creation and maintenance of application Service Level Agreements, and root cause analysis documents.
- Assists Quality Assurance and Business Analysis by providing feedback on specifications and performing usability testing on proposed functionality changes.
- Develops custom testing solutions where standard test tools cannot adequately test application or infrastructure changes
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other discipline or 4 additional years of relevant work experience.
- 8+ years’ combined experience in application support and software development roles
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong management skills to effectively prioritize issues, communicate with other teams and senior management and manage work load of team to minimize business impact from issues. A
- Excellent consultative, verbal/written communication skills, analytical ability
- Problem solving, initiative, judgment.
- Ability to effectively analyze technical /architectural options and define ramifications of choices.
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- A Go-Getter Attitude and Aptitude
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.