Manager, Data Services
Manages and maintains a steady flow of patient recruitment data, and any related support functions, to generate patient referrals and consents. Provides coordination, necessary support and assistance in any Acurian initiatives to advance and improve data operations.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Manages process for all project-related counts and multi-tactic outreach data extractions (i.e. direct mail, email, outbound phone, SMS/text, etc.):
- Includes, but not limited to, data extracts and/or counts required for sales proposals, site outreach, central recruitment projects, and general analysis.
- Assigns projects and tasks to staff in a strategic way to maintain the most efficient project process flow possible. Uses ticketing system to help organize the assignment and completion of day-to-day tasks.
- Continually follows-up and supervises staff work to maintain fast paced schedule of project flow. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of projects’ status at all times.
- Acts as primary point-of-contact for questions related to timing and completion of team’s responsibilities.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure an efficient overall process (e.g. Fulfillment, Analytics, IT, Project Management).
- Acts as hands on data analyst and backup to absorb project overflow during peak periods and staff absences.
Schedules, oversees and completes all data loads, updates, refreshes and requisite testing in a timely fashion.
- This includes, but is not limited to, all self-reported data, data models, data appends, ad-hoc data deliveries.
- Contacts and coordinates with primary external sources and internal IT contacts to ensure successful data transfer and storage in company data bases and data acquisition and retrieval tools.
- Develops extract, transform and load (ETL) skills personally and/or within staff to support ongoing data extraction/load/transfer needs of department.
Manages staff of experienced professionals, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
Oversees and provides backup to designated data analyst for the IVRS Consent Confirmation process. Evaluates, troubleshoots and optimizes the data base, process and reporting.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- S. or B.A. degree required.
- Degree in computer science, business or statistics preferred. Equivalent education and/or experience may substitute for stated requirements.
- A minimum of 5+ years of comparable work experience with increasing responsibilities and depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Experience in direct marketing using direct mail and/or email, and related response analysis preferred.
- Experience with data modeling concepts and application.
- 1+ year of leadership responsibility
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced to power-user/certified skill level with MS Access and MS Excel
- Intermediate to advanced skill level is required in relational databases such as Oracle; along with use of SQL Navigator, Toad or similar SQL editing software
- Advanced understanding of data hygiene and data integrity concepts
- Solid ETL abilities
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, critical thinking skills, and close attention to detail
- Ability to work individually, or in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to support and advise multiple internal clients in a professional manner and prioritize their needs appropriately
- Ability to manage a number of assignments to completion simultaneously, often within tight, frequently changing, timelines
- Flexibility, creative problem solving, organized, good follow-through, integrity, able to engender trust and confidence in finished product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.