Principal Software Engineer
Ensure software design and development supports the technological and business needs of the company in a stable, scalable, high-performing manner that can be easily maintained and enhanced. Serves as lead to developers in the design, development and maintenance of new products.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develops and improves the technical infrastructure, organization, and framework for applications ’codebases and reduces overall technical debt
- Designs, implements and maintains new features and products
- Collaborates with product, marketing, and sales teams to develop new products and features, scope and estimate work
- Participates in deploying, operating, scaling, tuning, and troubleshooting team products
- Leads other developers in the design, development and maintenance of new features and products to ensure that solutions are built in a consistent framework to a high-quality standard
- Ensures and provides for the support, troubleshooting and performance tuning of local applications
- Manages the balance between technology evolution, maintenance, and new-feature delivery
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure
- Participates in defining the technical strategy and roadmap for the team and products
- Develops appropriate architectural documentation as needed
- Mentors and support developers in their technical growth
- Performs peer review of code and solution design
- Participates in defining and improving coding standards
- Provides input into tool and environment selection
- Documents tool and environment setup
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer relation field preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education, professional training, and experience that provide the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Professional Java development and architecture experience required
- Experience architecting NEW Java applications using standard frameworks in accordance with best practices required
- Experience with Oracle as an application backend required
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise web applications required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of design patterns, tradeoffs and best practices
- Skilled in enterprise web applications
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Java applications
- Ability to lead individuals and teams towards a common goal
- Strong analytical skills
- High-level proficiency at building programs, troubleshooting code and improving the performance of existing programs
- Extensive knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Ability to be a team player
Working Conditions and Environment
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Required to carry company provided cell phone
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.