The Proposal Developer position provides support and coordination of business development and contract documents. This individual will prepare thorough proposals, contracts, client requests for information (RFIs), and other related documents to support the Business Development team’s efforts to acquire and retain new clients and differentiate our products/services in the marketplace and then contract for those services. Also, this individual will accurately interpret request for proposal questions and with support as needed, write clear, articulate, and persuasive responses. Individual has the ability to carry out these tasks with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate must be positive, detail-oriented, and well organized with demonstrable good writing and multitasking skills in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Supported proposal and costing development
- Independent proposal and costing development of increasing difficulty while meeting required deadlines. Leading strategy meeting, distributing notes to team and following up with individuals as needed for input
- Ability to communicate proposed solution messaging
- Create changes of scope and budget reallocations
- Training to develop skills to enhance knowledge and capabilities of current role (ie: excel skills, writing skills, EDGE training, mastering use of costing tools)
- Reviews own work to identify and eliminate errors
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years’)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Working Conditions and Environment
- Position is in-house and therefore there is limited ability to work-from-home
- Some travel may occasionally be required. Approximately 0 – 5% travel.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.