QA Test Engineer
As a part of Acurian IT QA Team, supporting Screener projects and other Acurian applications, QA Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for automated software testing design, planning, scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications.
The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develop the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles using performance automation tool set
- Develop a robust and comprehensive automation framework that significantly improves product quality and software release times
- Develop test plans, test cases and test data as part of a comprehensive strategy to improve and maintain product quality
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Execute and analyze automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Support production deployment of applications and perform Post Deployment Validation testing
- Perform in-depth ad-hoc product testing as needed across multiple browsers, platforms and environments as a member of the QA team
- Participate in the analysis, design, development and execution of the systems performance testing
- Participate in the analysis, design, development and execution of the office automation procedures
- Evaluate and recommend automation tools that work well with Acurian applications
- Establish & support quality processes that ensure predictable product quality and provide valuable feedback to the development team throughout the development process
- Contribute to a motivated and creative team atmosphere where individuals work hard to exceed expectations and support other team members striving to do the same
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, other related degree, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 7 plus years Quality Assurance in a technology field.
- Minimum of 3 plus years in Test Automation and/or Performance Testing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments.
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle methodology
- Relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical background and an understanding of the web-based applications
- Good understanding of common languages like VB, JAVA, PERL, C++, etc.
- Ability to query Oracle using PLSQL
- Good experience with different Operating Systems, with emphasis on Unix variants
- Good understanding of object oriented programming, J2EE architecture, .NET, etc.
- Deep kKnowledge of automated testing tools, like or similar to Selenium, Sauce Labs, Test Complete, Test Studio, WinRunner, QTP, Automation Anywhere, etc.
- Some knowledge and experience with performance testing and office automation tools
- Must possess an understanding of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Punctual, Regular and consistent attendance
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.