Senior Business Analyst
Translates business requirements into a total product solution that includes both software and business processes. Manages user experience and functionality by designing new products and enhancing existing products through technically rigorous, strategically sound business analysis. Ensures the success of new products and functionality through the development of supporting business processes, demonstration examples, training scenarios, examples for sales materials, etc.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Works with stakeholders to understand, assign business value to, prioritize, and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Works with developers to understand the technical implications of the requirements
- Reconciles all perspectives into a cohesive, prioritized, and detailed plan, including UI wireframes and user experience flows.
- Gathers and writes business and functional requirements and design specifications.
- Defines user experience for Acurian web applications.
- Defines interaction of data with other systems/databases.
- Creates lean, actionable documentation for all products and features.
- Creates and analyzes other documentation including but not limited to user stories, projected release schedules, requirements tractability matrices, release notes, training scenarios, test cases.
- Acts as chief functionality expert for applications
- Advocates for customer-requested fixes and features
- Assists in development of supporting business processes, release notes, training scenarios, etc.
- Provides occasional assistance to QA to test application changes and features.
Tracks development progress and drive projects through to completion.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- 8+ years working as a Business Analyst
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior work experience serving as chief functionality expert for a software or web product and assuming responsibility for the success of product enhancements
- Equal parts ‘doer’ and ‘thinker’
- Excellent ability to specify requirements in clear and concise manner
- Skillful ability to evaluate and objectively prioritize business value
- Ability to evaluate ideas against total product portfolio and strategy
- Ability to perform product and service assessments/evaluations for any products or services to meet Acurian’s needs.
- Works well under pressure and has a natural ability to find paths to get prioritized enhancements to customers quickly through design creativity, iterative release planning and problem-solving
- Achieves results in a collaborative atmosphere, providing organization, vision and drive but also recognizing value and intelligence in the contributions of others
- Brings a high level of energy and a positive attitude to work every single day.
- Project Management experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Environment:
Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.