Site Strategy Consultant
Note that this position is home-based in San Diego, California.
The Site Strategy Consultant manages a designated territory to help in Acurian’s efforts to support patient accrual to clinical trials. The Site Strategy Consultant will support the advancement of science and development of new therapeutic alternatives as a part of a dynamic, rapidly growing entrepreneurial organization.
- Manages a designated territory supporting clinical trial sites to maximize patient enrollment. This role will support sites to increase patient accrual via on-the-ground efforts through regular on-site visits, site trainings, hands-on site support, identification of site specific recruitment barriers, and maintaining site accountable for enrollment goals. Develops relationships and maintains an active presence within the study sites.
- Travels to local hospitals, academic centers and community practices taking part in the trial is mandatory. Overnight travel may be required. Qualified candidates must reside within the open territory which covers approximately a 175-mile radius from your assigned territory
- Interacts with an Acurian Project Manager and required to provide updates on outreach progress and to compile weekly reports on the number of physician visits conducted and the outcome of each interaction. Assists in identifying trial specific issues related to patient recruitment and opportunities for developing solutions to overcome these concerns.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors/Masters of Science, with 3 or more years of pharmaceutical sales experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self- motivated with an ability to operate independently and possessing a strong desire to deliver results
- Exceptional sales/persuasion skills and experience essential
- Able to speak confidently and knowledgably about research processes. Able to understand and address both business and scientific oriented needs of healthcare professionals by engaging in meaningful dialog within the sponsors confidentiality requirements and limits.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required
- Strong analytical skills and possess a high degree of technical expertise
- Ability to meet minimum goal requirements for account management on a weekly basis, including weekly reports
- Personal integrity, teamwork abilities, and a customer focus are necessary
- Committed to executing Corporate strategies to ensure consistent targeting and messaging
- Experience utilizing Corporate platforms and supporting analysis to plan activities and report call results and next steps
- Ability to organize and prioritize to maximize efficiency to meet weekly and monthly target goals
- Strong computer literacy (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must
- Bilingual is a plus
- Work is performed in an office/ laboratory and/or a clinical environment.
- Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
- Exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
- Ability to work in an upright and /or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.