Survey and QA Specialist
Develops surveys using proprietary in-house software for screening potential patients against medical research study entry criteria. Works on continuous improvement of futures surveys and input on software enhancements.
- Uses proprietary software system to develop questionnaires primarily by authoring new questions based on knowledge of inclusion/exclusion criteria to pass trials, as well as, selecting existing questions based upon study criteria
- Uses creativity to ensure efficient data collection and ease of understanding for respondents
- Optimizes survey design and data collection, including:
- Proactively monitors and analyzes survey responses to determine where problems may exist with patient interpretation/understanding and further makes recommendations for improvements
- Makes recommendations for improvement of overall survey design for implementation of future projects based on past experience
- Interacts with clinical team members to understand medical study requirements
- Documents, reports findings and makes recommendations to internal groups, including Project Management and other operational functional areas based on results/ findings
- Participates in user acceptance testing (UAT) of new software and the subsequent software releases by providing feedback to IT on user experience, representing a non-technical user audience
- Interacts with IT department to identify changes/ fixes for subsequent software releases
- Implements written logic and content updates to existing questionnaires
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- A. or B.S. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Public Health, Statistics, Psychology, Software, or related field.
- Previous experience comparable 2-4 years; or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Experience or familiarity with Survey Gizmo, Survey Monkey or similar web-based survey software is desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access) is essential
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and analyze complex logical interactions
- Exposure or familiarity with programming language or writing and carrying out QA test plans for software preferred
- Knowledge of clinical priority and requirements for protocols
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, computer proficiency, and the ability to multitask
Working Conditions and Environment
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should click here to apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.